Scott nude tc replacement shock

skinnyT
skinnyT Posts: 73
edited August 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi
I want to change the Scott nude tc shock on my Scott spark 26 inch 2009 model. Any suggestions as to what I should consider?
Thanks

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
  • skinnyT
    165mm eye to eye, 37 mm shaft travel, 110mm wheel.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    RP23, assuming it's in your unmentioned budget

Some help here http://forums.mtbr.com/scott-sports/scott-spark-rp23-replacement-nude-shock-540979.html
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • skinnyT
    Budget is whatever it takes to get something that works as the Scott nude (DT Swiss) doesn't ,to cut along story short.

The rp23 no longer seems to be available and what I have seen on eBay is not the right size
  • The Rookie
    There are different sizes, so while some RP23 may not be the right size, another will be.

For that age bike I'd be looking to get a decent second hand shock myself.

What is the shock not doing, when was it last serviced?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • skinnyT
    Shock is leaking air from just in front of the piggy back.there isa silver disc with holes in and its coming from there. It's never been serviced but its not been ridden much either, trying to rectify that now. Talked to TFT tuned this morning and its fixable.

The trouble I have is that I am travelling abroad for an extended time so I have no idea where I will be any given day so its a bit difficult to give a return address. It will take 7-10 days to get it back, hence the problem. With postage it will cost around £130 to get it done. The alternative is to buy a new one locally hence the question.

TFT tuned suggest a rockshox monarch rt3 or a cane creek dB inline.
  • The Rookie
    Either would work well, yes.