Need some advaice which bike to choose and size please

kukui
kukui Posts: 5
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
I am 183cm (6' I guess), 32'' inseam or 34'' to the ground. I am very slim but I am a truck driver and need to move my butt and make at least 30-40 miles during weekend. I really want to start road riding, I consider Cervelo R3, Cervelo S3 and Cannondale Supersix Evo (all carbon). A guy in store told me 58cm would be good for me but I browsed the forum I don't know if 56cm would not be better for me. Please help, which bike would you choose and size?

Comments

• fent
    fent Posts: 32
    I'm also 6ft 1 with a 34 inch inside leg and looking at sizing for a road bike. I've been looking at some manufacturers websites and our height seems to be directly on the point of change between a 56cm medium large frame and a 58 cm large frame so you could possibly go either way. A large frame may be taller and longer than a smaller frame so I'd suggest trying the two if possible as the best fit could also depend on your upper body size. I am long in the body so I'd go for the large.
    worth checking the specific geometry for the particular bike as I assume it can vary between manufacturers
    and this was supposed to be my 'cheaper' hobby
    Orange Alpine for fun, Spesh hard rock for off road commute and maybe a road bike too soon.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    58cm Cervelo will be too big. 56cm for those (or 54cm possible).