Washing cycling clothes

pastryboy
pastryboy Posts: 1,385
edited August 2015 in The workshop
All my stuff is washed with liquid soap flakes on the 30 degree 'sports' setting on my washing machine.

Some of my previously white stuff is now sort of grey. Is there any way to restore some whiteness? I've tried white vinegar which doesn't appear to have helped albeit I only used a small amount.

Also, is is possible to get rid of black grease marks that are dried in? I put some WD40 to see if that would extract some but that ended up completely ruining the top.

Comments

• pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    This was meant to be posted in commuting chat, could a mod please move it?
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,646
    Barry Scott says, you need Cilit Bang.

You can also clean your chain with it.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    All mine goes in with my other clothes at 60C. I don't have any white stuff admittedly, silly colour for cycling clothes anyway.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    All mine goes in with my other clothes at 60C. I don't have any white stuff admittedly, silly colour for cycling clothes anyway.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Wash at 40 or 50 (apart from the padded shorts which are done at 40), the white does go off a little bit (2 freebies so can't complain about the colour).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.