Cannondale Evo revised

limoneboy
limoneboy Posts: 480
edited February 2016 in Your road bikes
Just thought i would post this up

It has served me very well this year and although i have a rb1000 and burls custom build i go back to this bike for 90% of my time , they are that good .

if you have seen my previous bikes (many) you will know i have had most brands and i would say this is still my Fav .

Dont know what i would replace with if i was honest

spec is

Evo frame and forks
Di2 gearset 11 speed
farsport carbon 38mm with dt swiss 240 hubs & x ray spokes (great wheels and wide profile)
zipp sl bars
3t arx stealth stem
dura ace cassette
TRM 970sl calipers
time expresso pedals
fsa k light seat post
selle carbono flow saddle
pro bar tape
force 22 chainset ( soon to be sl cannondale )
pro 4 service course tyres

weight just under 7kg - but bearing in mind i go between 72-75kg depending on the time of year not that important

IMAG1120_zps4ezhtcis.jpg
last month wilier gt -this month ? bh rc1

Comments

• Nice set up, you can try many other brands but this frame and the alu versions are superb.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Where? Who did you source the wheelset from. Did you order rims, spokes and Hubs separate and build yourself or get someone to do it for you? Looking for similar for my Evo
  • tim_wand
    Where? Who did you source the wheelset from. Did you order rims, spokes and Hubs separate and build yourself or get someone to do it for you? Looking for similar for my Evo

Sorry stupid question, Just checked the Farsport website. These 20.5 or 23mm wide rims. Take it you would recommend them for the EVO. Come in at $890 on their site or about £600
  • iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    That is very nice- and I do like your choice of wheels, I think 38mm is the perfect balance of aero, weight and stiffness.
    I guess those are the clincher versions? I would like 38mm carbon clinchers but have thus far been put off by the stories of the sidewalls disintegrating under heavy braking. I have tubular versions so don't have such a problem, but the brake tracks do get hot!
  • limoneboy
    Sorry guys on holiday in north italy so not got round to replying ,

Bought wheels from a guy on the bay who had not used them as he bought to shallow for time trials , they are excellent in build and performance , I have had zipp 202, mavic slr comsics and some wheelsmiths which did melt descending in the dolomites, but these are not warped after a year of hard descending around Wales .

I do not use in the winter as I have a winter bike and they are not great in the wet but ok as I found out on a Evans ride it , but I would recommend .

Best all round wheels I have and would recommend any day are my American classic argents this are wide ,aero and very light with great breaking , I use these in winter too and it was remarked that I was cheating as my winter bike was to light !
  • tim_wand
    Finally gone with some PX CT45 Tubulars on mine. Picked them up with decent quality tubs on at a price I don't even mind the wife knowing. Had to scratch the itch and ride tubs at least once and keeping hold of my Ksyriums for crappy days.

Initial impressions of the CT45s are good. But I m still nervy riding on Tubs ( these were taped) probably get someone to glue them on for me, although they haven't rolled at all but I know I am being a bit more cautious in the bends, and being a big lad descending hard is the only way I can get back what I ve lost on the climbs.

Will put up some pics when I ve re tapped the bars, waiting for some Aeronovas come along at the right price
  • limoneboy
    Quick update

She has had a new paint job , i was sick of multi coloured bikes so went simple canondale green

i think she looks better for it and a new Dura Ace manual setup , bars are xxx mono's from America as they dont make them any more .

Just need a chain and gears setting up for next season ( and a dry sunny day if i get one )

crap photo i know but i will sort out we fully finished

IMAG1291_zpsuwngceam.jpg
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Looks great! Who did the paint job?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • limoneboy
    Looks great! Who did the paint job?

ME !!! thanks for asking

I spent 3 days sanding paint off (fingers went numb) to a ultra fine finish , and then white primer to green.

it was in cans but from a paint supplier so a good pressure and nozzle to get a fine finish 3 coats and laquer .

I have been spraying frames since 1983 (BMX's) and road bikes off and on so i have a little experience , i would not recommend unless you know what your doing as its easy to get it wrong :cry: and you would have to pay someone else to fix it .
  • sanspoof
    sanspoof Posts: 111
    Quick update

She has had a new paint job , i was sick of multi coloured bikes so went simple canondale green

i think she looks better for it and a new Dura Ace manual setup , bars are xxx mono's from America as they dont make them any more .

Just need a chain and gears setting up for next season ( and a dry sunny day if i get one )

IMAG1291_zpsuwngceam.jpg

At first I was like NOOO, what have you done....after looking at it for 5 minutes I think I love it...
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    You've done a grand job!

I'm toying with the idea of doing my Ribble winter.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Excellent job
  • Love it. Did you mask/ spray the logos or are they decals?

Do you do commissions? :D
  • dazz_ni45
    dazz_ni45 Posts: 468
    Fair play for painting it yourself. It turned out really well and I'm sure it looks even better in the flesh
  • limoneboy
    The logos are decals and as a bonus they glow in the dark !!! not sure how useful that will be.

No commissions , would never want the responsibilty of another mans (or Womans) pride and joy, would you let a stranger look after your kids ? my bikes are family members but if they misbehave they have to go :wink:
    Love it. Did you mask/ spray the logos or are they decals?

Do you do commissions? :D
  • Quick update

IMAG1291_zpsuwngceam.jpg

Nice work
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Holy crap that looks good!... Really nice work and a great colour choice.
  • That is horny!