Aldi HRM, Crane connect app and exporting to strava?

tangled_metal
tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
edited July 2015 in Road general
I bought an ALdi HRM bluetooth strap and useit with the crane connect app which works a lot better with it than strava directly. I was wondering if Crane connect was able to export to Strava or any other app? For some reason I struggle to get strava to read the HR strap so it is useless without the crane connect.

Anyone got any advice on getting a bluetooth strap to connect to Strava? Using it with an LG G2 smartphone if that helps.

Comments

• yatesy1983
    yatesy1983 Posts: 65
    I don;t think you will be able to export directly to Strava, Does the Crane app have a n online portal or anything that you could export the data from?

If not what about using Endomondo or similar and tracking your activities through that? You could then use Tapirik to sync to Strava. https://tapiriik.com/
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    I got the strap to talk to strava this morning for about 10 seconds. At least if I can get it to work both crane connect and strava seem to show the same HR. Also the HR I am getting when still and rested (close to RHR I reckon) is what I usually running at.

Seems an OK strap to wear. A little like the better garmin strap I think, elastic fabric belt that is a lot more comfortable than HRM belts of old with such a tiny unit that clips into the belt. These chest belts really aren't too bad these day, you hardly know they are there even with just a wicking t-shirt on. Reckon I might consider those trackers now that have a traditional chest belt HRM if they are like this one. I was looking for a good optical HRM because I didn't like chest staps I was used to,
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    I use one of these http://www.wiggle.co.uk/wahoo-tickr-heart-rate-monitor-for-iphone-and-android/ works perfectly with every iPhone app I've tried it with. And it works with my Garmin too.