Cervelo S2 or Cannondale CADD10??

fat guy hat
fat guy hat Posts: 16
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
As above chaps. With bike24's current discount I can pick up the Cervelo for £1,480.

Just wondered who owns one or the other and what theirs thoughts are?

Cervelo is 105, Cannondale is full Ultegra. Cannondale is from LBS. not sure if I trust myself on carbon especially as it's my first expensive bike.

I think I've answered my own question actually...

Comments

• I've ridden both and each have their positives. Love the speed of the s2 but its a rough ride. I'm not sure if cervelo have changed the shape of the seat post but it was always slipping on my 2012 model. Eventually, through frustration i over tightened the collar and cracked the seat tube. The bottom bracket on the newest s2's fits only bbright which can be a pain for creaking unless fitted correctly with loctite.

The caad 10 is a great frame but is just being superseded by the caad 12 i think. The bb30 can be converted to use any chainset. You can probably pick up a supersix evo for similar money if you shop around on the internet. frame geometry is the same as the caad 10.
  • Whoops, that should have said R2!
  • The new r2 used the same frames as the r3 from a few years ago. The r3 is an awesome bike! Plenty stiff, comfortable and enough room to use several tire widths and mudguards.
  • IShaggy
    IShaggy Posts: 301
    As above chaps. With bike24's current discount I can pick up the Cervelo for £1,480.

Just wondered who owns one or the other and what theirs thoughts are?

Cervelo is 105, Cannondale is full Ultegra. Cannondale is from LBS. not sure if I trust myself on carbon especially as it's my first expensive bike.

I think I've answered my own question actually...

?? Why not carbon?
  • Cheshire Cat
    Cheshire Cat Posts: 309
    The S2 is also carbon, if I'm not mistaken it's the same frame as the S3 but with a different fork.

If you are not happy with them the BB on both bikes can be switched out and replaced easily enough.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson