2 questions about today's TDF last stage

151kbar151
151kbar151 Posts: 9
edited July 2015 in Pro race
1) Few moments before finish, some riders fallen down and one was lying under bike and he wasn't looking good, Is he allright? Who was him?
2) If you look into stage classification, Pieter Weening has +21 seconds but he is not last, there are few other riders behind him. How is this possible? What happened to him?

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    1) it was Stijn Devolder and he is reportedly OK (think he finished)

2) I don't know what you're asking!
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    It is shown on Procyclingstats, but I have no idea why.

This shows the official times, and as expected everyone gets the same one ...

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2015/us/stage-21/classifications.html
  • Pross
    Odd. Change of bikes and it picked up his original on the team car with his position getting corrected but not his time?

Edit - that official site also shows the +21 seconds but as the OP says he's not last on the stage.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Timing was cut on first pass of finish line, not the final due to the wet weather conditions. If you saw the women's race you'll understand why, they all kept sliding off on last corner. Hence only tee printers needed to get to the front so the rest could relax and roll along behind and not worry about dropping the odd second.

I imagine Weening had a mechanical or something as they approached the first pass of the finish line.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Pross
    Timing was cut on first pass of finish line, not the final due to the wet weather conditions. If you saw the women's race you'll understand why, they all kept sliding off on last corner. Hence only tee printers needed to get to the front so the rest could relax and roll along behind and not worry about dropping the odd second.

I imagine Weening had a mechanical or something as they approached the first pass of the finish line.

Yes, but the results don't show him as being last on the stage yet those behind him are shown as the same time as the winner.

Edit - I think I see what you're saying, the position is based on the final sprint but the time on the first pass of the line. All makes sense now.