Campagnolo Khamsin vs. FSA Vision Team 30

Chrisderboarder
Chrisderboarder Posts: 4
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi Community,
I just created this account after reading threads in this forum over a couple of weeks. I am from Germany but in Germany Road Bikes are not that popular and I hope you can help me on making the right decision.

I ordered just yesterday a Planet X RT - 58 Alloy (Sram Apex) since they put a 30% discount on it, so it is really good value for the money I guess... anyways: I got to choose between a Campagnolo Khamsin or a FSA Vision Team 30 wheelset. Any opinions? I am pretty new to road biking, just did couple of tours with dads road bike, so I am not that experienced.

I am happy about any opinions, information!

Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    Had the Team Vision 30's on my PX RT58 and there was a lot of talk about them being pigs to change tyres on as the rims are so tight, but maybe I was lucky but changed Conti GP 4000's fairly easily.

The wheels roll well and are not too heavy and look pretty good so wouldn't be too concerned about having them. Don't know about the Campag wheels.
  • Thanks for your opinion! I really like the looks of the vision 30 since the wheel rim looks a bit like the "professional" high-rim /high-profile wheels (Is that what they are called?).

How do you like the bike so far? Was it a good choice?

Anyone with an opinion about the Khamsins?

Cheers,
    Chris
  • keezx
    keezx Posts: 1,322
    I would prefer the Khamsin's because the Vision Teams have old fashioned narrow rims (13C) which is a significant disadvantage when riding 25 mm tyres.