Giant tcr advanced 1

Jaylad
Jaylad Posts: 6
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
Hello,

Ok....so i felt like I needed to share this info with the world. I've recently purchased a giant Tcr advanced 1 (2015) (this is not the bit I'm sharing :))

When researching on what other owners or Giants them selves have said about the bike I couldn't find anything on ride and weight. Weight being the key figure. So I thought I'd share my now valued information with the world.
My lbs, being super helpful and courteous, assembled the bike and weighed it.

So... Drum roll.... The bike as a large with stock giant wheels came in at a cool 7.3kg!! Wowsers.
I got mine weighed which is a ML....it came in at 7kg!! I was super impressed, wth the right wheels this could easy be a sub 7kg bike!

My first ride out today, it was good! It cruised on the flat and ascended effortlessly...can't say the same for me....unfortunately, greasy roads halted my descents to a crawl but braking was powerful!

It is a race bike, which I was slightly concerned about for comfy miles, but it was super comfy! On the drops, it's mega.. Climbing on the tops gave me a great position and I felt good but this could of been excitement of being on a new bike! PAH!

I'm 6.1 and athletically slim, this bike fits me perfect! I can highly recommend the Giant Tcr Advanced!!

Comments

• mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Shame those don't come with the disc brakes..

Anyways, thanks for the info. To save the search, this model comes with Ultegra gruppo and Giant cockpit.
  • Jaylad
    It sure does!! Steady as a rock!

Disc brakes PAH.... These ultegras are the shits!
  • cadseen
    cadseen Posts: 170
    I have always fancied Giant - where did you get yours from.

I found one on Rutland Cycles Site http://tidd.ly/8131b8be
  • Jaylad
    My local bike shop - Westbrook cycles. They have £300 off the rrp!!! Bargain!