Cheapish turbo trainer

effillo
effillo Posts: 257
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
So I have managed to break my collarbone. Big off last weekend, landed on my shoulder and clean snapped it, has a large displacement, 5-6cm so am having it operated on tomorrow. 6 weeks of the bike from tomorrow so ideally want to get a turbo. I am not sure I'd use it much once I am healed as I like to get out whatever the weather. Therefore I am after a Cheapish one, with a display if possible, have seen a tacx 2200 for £160 currently the front runner because of its display, but would like something cheaper. Does anyone have any recommendations of others that may be similar? It's something I have never looked at as luckily I have never had to.

Comments

• KheSanh
    KheSanh Posts: 62
    ThIs is a really good turbo, I have the model up with the power, cadence and heart rate monitor. It is really heavy duty and solid, much better than anything I've seen at this price.
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TRFLPRO/cascade-fluid-pro-trainer
  • londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    Where abouts are you based? I've a Cycleops Fluid 2 I really should clear out which would be a nice alternative to the Flow. Weighs the same as a small house though so south east London would be handy!

Was the Flow you'd spotted from Decathlon? They do seem to do great deals on Tacx trainers. I think you can save a couple of quid at Bike24 though and they have some different packages worth looking at.
  • cadseen
    cadseen Posts: 170
    edited July 2015
    I have used the Planet X Trainer as well. Great value @ http://tidd.ly/2c564c55
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I bought a cheap mag one from eBay for £30 its seen me through multiple injuries and winters
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.