Slow dispatch from Canyon

bill_gates
bill_gates Posts: 469
edited August 2015 in Road buying advice
Is it usual for Canyon to wait a couple of weeks before they dispatch an item?

I ordered a component item from them approaching three weeks ago come Monday of next week. I did get order confirmation sent to me knowing that it was a particular week that shipment would occur, mid-way through this week I've called them for an update and now I'm at the end of the week, still no dispatch.

It's only a component item and fair enough it's not a £4k bike (that was maybe coming later in the year) but I've paid a delivery cost also and if they didn't have stock if that is indeed the issue then they shouldn't be advertising the product for order?

Any other experience?

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."

Comments

• dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    I ordered a giro synthe from the second day breakaway sale and some 6700 brake brakes from the outlet store.
    They arrived last Wed. It took nearly 2 weeks before I got a dispatch mail. I'm not sure if they have the items from the breakaway sale in stock. I think they are running the sale and then ordering to meet sales.

Just checked, I ordered on the 5th and they arrived on the 22nd
  • bill_gates
    Very same scenario then by the sounds of it.

• CYCLESPORT1
    CYCLESPORT1 Posts: 471
    Is it usual for Canyon to wait a couple of weeks before they dispatch an item?

I ordered a component item from them approaching three weeks ago come Monday of next week. I did get order confirmation sent to me knowing that it was a particular week that shipment would occur, mid-way through this week I've called them for an update and now I'm at the end of the week, still no dispatch.

It's only a component item and fair enough it's not a £4k bike (that was maybe coming later in the year) but I've paid a delivery cost also and if they didn't have stock if that is indeed the issue then they shouldn't be advertising the product for order?

Any other experience?

Why not ?
  • bill_gates
    I mean that thy should at least have estimated stock levels and dispatch times clearly listed at point of order.

• bill_gates
    edited July 2015
    It's now over three weeks since I placed my order and I've had to chase multiple times to be given unclear information on whether this product is available and when it might ship (if it even does, I've lost confidence that they are able to fulfil this order). I've also been holding off on them hence why I could have had the item from other sources without all the hassle.

This doesn't appear to be normal for an on-line retailer. I'm glad I tested their level of service on a smaller item before I decided that I was getting a full bike from them.

• mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    I ordered a Garmin 500 on the 17th July in one of their TdF sales. I got an email yesterday informing me it was being dispatched within 48hrs and the money was taken from my paypal account yesterday. The initial order confirmation email gave me this week as an estimated dispatch date so I was well informed and happy with their communications. So long as its dispatched today or tommorow then I cant really complain...and it was a great price!
  • I ordered a frame in January, it arrived last week.

BE PATIENT!
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bill_gates
    I ordered a frame in January, it arrived last week.

BE PATIENT!

Was it Quintana's frame and they were awaiting him finishing the Tour on it? :D

• anicell
    anicell Posts: 19
    I placed an order back in early April for an Ultimate CF SLX Frameset estimated shipping in Week 31...which we are now in so fingers crossed its sent this week. I've waited this long so happy to wait a few more weeks but hopefully I wont have to.
    In the time I've been waiting they announced the updated version and I contemplated cancelling and ordering the updated 2016 version but at this rate it'll be next July by the time that arrives. What if you snap a frame in a crash? I wouldn't be waiting 4+ months again.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Product, price, time; pick two.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • bill_gates
    Customer service from Canyon is not too good either. They seem to communicate when you get through to them but they can't tell me anything more than "they will escalate".

I'm not impressed. :(

• bill_gates
    Canyon are now on my list of poorest companies ever to deal with. 4.5 weeks since date of order, countless calls, emails, remote chats with all manner of 'customer service' folks and still no clarity to where my order is.

I had planned a Canyon bike as my next purchase and was looking to go pretty much top of the range, that is not happening any longer.

I'm very disappointed and it's probably the worst service I've received in the whole cycling industry now. :(

• Canyon are now on my list of poorest companies ever to deal with. 4.5 weeks since date of order, countless calls, emails, remote chats with all manner of 'customer service' folks and still no clarity to where my order is.

I had planned a Canyon bike as my next purchase and was looking to go pretty much top of the range, that is not happening any longer.

I'm very disappointed and it's probably the worst service I've received in the whole cycling industry now. :(

I talked to a guy on our club run who had a Canyon and mentioned it was a nice looking bike. He said the bike is nice but no way would he buy another one as the customer service was terrible.

Only dealings I've had myself was with Canyon bike hire in Mallorca, and they weren't that great on the customer service front either.