Replacement chainrings

drummer_boy
drummer_boy Posts: 236
edited July 2015 in Cyclocross
I have worn out my main 46T chainring (looks like a hill billy's smile :-)), and can't find a replacement anywhere!!

It's a SRAM Rival 46T 110BCD 10 speed. Anyone got any ideas where I can find a new one?

Cross season is almost upon us!!

PS - I already know about the 'time for a new bike' defence, and I am working on my better half!!

Comments

• tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Check out Zepnat, they generally have lots of funny-sized chainrings. I've always been happy with the Stronglight ones (though that doesn't mean others I haven't tried might not be better).
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • VamP
    VamP Posts: 674
    I have worn out my main 46T chainring (looks like a hill billy's smile :-)), and can't find a replacement anywhere!!

It's a SRAM Rival 46T 110BCD 10 speed. Anyone got any ideas where I can find a new one?

Cross season is almost upon us!!

PS - I already know about the 'time for a new bike' defence, and I am working on my better half!!

Well if not a new bike, certainly the perfect time to look at a single ring conversion!
  • drummer_boy
    I think I've struck lucky!!

Got a brand new SRAM Rival 22 speed BB30 Chainset from Chain Reaction for £85 delivered (inc postage and BC discount).

That's my Monday morning win!!

I did think on a single chain ring conversion, and I saw a CX1 PX XLS at the Peak District Pioneer event yesterday - very nice with hydraulic dics as well. Trouble is this is my all purpose commuting bike as well, so a single chain ring, for me, isn't versatile enough.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    I'm a big fan of single chainrings for racing; with the right rear mech you actually seem to drop the chain less than on a conventional setup, and there's so much less to clog up with mud.

That said, I can see it might not be ideal for a more all-purpose bike. If I ever get into the 3 Peaks I'll probably set the bike up with a double (though, by that time, someone will probably have invented a 100% efficient telepathically-controlled continuously variable drivetrain that weighs 15g...)
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • drummer_boy
    I'm a big fan of single chainrings for racing; with the right rear mech you actually seem to drop the chain less than on a conventional setup, and there's so much less to clog up with mud.

That said, I can see it might not be ideal for a more all-purpose bike. If I ever get into the 3 Peaks I'll probably set the bike up with a double (though, by that time, someone will probably have invented a 100% efficient telepathically-controlled continuously variable drivetrain that weighs 15g...)

I do quite a few AdventureX events (3 peaks lite as it were!), and having a double is pretty much essential for them.