Cwmcarn this Sunday - will it be ok in the wet?

joebristol
joebristol Posts: 327
edited July 2015 in Routes
Just a quick thread - is there anyone local to Cwmcarn who has used it in the last few days who could comment on the condition of the 2 x XC routes? I know Twych is partially open with a diversion in place, but I've never actually ridden that route anyway, only Cafell.

Alternatively, if no-one has ridden it recently, how have people found it when it is wet there?

Planning to go on Sunday which is meant to be rainy - but there's a dry day tomorrow (which one of my mates can't make annoyingly).....so hoping it drains ok from the rain today.

Also, Cafell isn't very 'armoured' from my previous experience - which is great for the tyres on my bike (Nobby Nics, which appear to be awful on wet hardpacked stone surfaces you get at some trail centres), but is the Twych similar?

Thanks

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    If it wasn't ok in the wet then Wales as a whole would be a bit phucked.
  • joebristol
    Good point well made!
  • joebristol
    Update - went to CC yesterday - was absolutely throwing it down with rain and felt cold getting bikes of the car. First climb soon warmed the 3 of us up and it was hilarious. Tiny bit slower than last time I did Cafell, but not by much. Trails were really quiet and had the facilities to ourselves when we finished the ride. Well worth a visit in the rain - just remember shower kit!