Will anyone try and win the KOM this year ?

sherer
sherer Posts: 2,460
edited July 2015 in Pro race
Seems Froome is winning it by default with no effort and although Purito is wearing it he's not putting in any effort either. Seems no one wants to collect any points and try and win it

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    It's been damp this year to say the least. I just hope that JRod sat up yesterday so he can go and clean up today and tomorrow.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    profile-18.jpg

profile-19.jpg

profile-20.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah, so that was the plan:

“At the beginning of the stage Joaquim immediately went on the attack - that was his goal today after the rest day and the first day in the Alps. This was to get points toward the polka dot jersey. But then he saw that the group was too big and the makeup of this group was not good so he decided to save his energy and try again tomorrow and the day after where he can get some really big points,” explained team director Torsten Schmidt.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • sherer
    even if Purito tries for the points he's not really in a battle for the jersey with anyone other than Froome whose collecting points by default.

Would be nice to have something to spice up the racing a bit, Yellow, White and Green jerseys seem sown up already this year
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I sdaid elsewhere, I don't think anyone has won yellow and polka dot since Merckx. Mind you, he's a way to go before the yellow is a cert.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Fuglsang has said he wants it since stage 10. Not for any price but he'd pursue it if chances arise.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    There's actually a spoiler thread for this somewhere. Anyway, jrod has the jersey, but tied on points. Fuglsang not far behind. Would copy paste links and points but it's a bastard on an iPad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • sherer
    seems after posting this we actually started to get a bit of a battle for the jersey. Took a while but people finally started to go for it
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    A few years ago (pre-World Tour) you actually got world ranking points for winning both the green and mountain jerseys. From memory it was enough points to be the equivalent to a top 10 GC position. I can't help but wish they brought that back. With points for maybe the first few riders for both jerseys getting points they would become far more coveted (especially the mountains jersey).