Is it really Wednesday?

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,294
edited July 2015 in The Crudcatcher
What ungodly hour is this to be getting up? Waiting for a cab to Heathrow, I don't think I've ever been up this early other than still being up. It's going to be a long day.

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

I slept well last night, and the skin aids is finally showing signs of remission. That said, I cba with work.

A manager got annoyed at me yesterday when in a meeting, he kept asking my builders if there had been any accidents, near misses, injuries etc. The answer was no, and the manager said we need to keep a record of that. My response was "In our department, we only really keep records of things that happen, not that haven't happened". You could see his blood boiling.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Good hotel sleep due to excessive beer

Today is a few meetings and hopefully some work, later is a night out with the current wife, but first pig based breakfast
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599

A manager got annoyed at me yesterday when in a meeting, he kept asking my builders if there had been any accidents, near misses, injuries etc. The answer was no, and the manager said we need to keep a record of that. My response was "In our department, we only really keep records of things that happen, not that haven't happened". You could see his blood boiling.

Laters!

You need to record those though. How many near misses before someone actually gets hurt? Can be prevented if you pay attention to the 'near misses'.'

Having to deal with H&S stuff is part of my job, but it is imperative that people feel they work in a safe environment.

Anywho, hola bitches.

No work today so cleaning the car so I can sell it as picking up the newbie on Friday. After that, golf or bikes will probably be involved at some point.

Laters
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    What's a near miss though? I was standing on a kerb this morning and an artic lorry nearly hit me.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I nearly got run over three times on my ride in this morning. Best get that recorded then.

Morning,

Work meh, early finish, packing meh.

Later
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • thekickingmule

Laters!

You need to record those though. How many near misses before someone actually gets hurt? Can be prevented if you pay attention to the 'near misses'.'

Having to deal with H&S stuff is part of my job, but it is imperative that people feel they work in a safe environment.
    I agree, and we asked the question of any incidents to report and they responded 'nothing, no injuries, accidents or near misses'. Apparently I have to report that there were no injuries, accidents or near misses. I'm tempted to put in the report that the building didn't get hit by a vehicle either.

I definitely understand the need to ask, just not on recording that nothing happened.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola H&S weirdos,

Just had an aircraft fly over our building......really low! Definite near miss! Ooops i work near an airfield!

All quiet here, got a lad leaving so it's an afternoon of golf, boozes and curry. The main grown up(atmosphere hoover) is out for the curry so hoping i keep my gob shut as i have an amazing ability to come out with innapropriate verbal abuse (tourettes to you medical types!)

Other than that i have nowt.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning

Doing some research and found this website, made me think of the CC. Everyone loves a good walk.
    http://www.walkingforhealth.org.uk/

Today I'm off to Derby for a meeting about our website, but other than that I'm kind of making up work as I have very little to do. Quite nice start to the new job n all that.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    afternoon all, currently sat bored out of my tree as the weather cant make its mind up if its raining or going to stay dry. Used a dry spell this morning for a tip run, boring. came home made bacon an cheese croissants which were epic then it went all crappy outside. Plus side I found the dry chain lube I thought i'd lost yesterday buried in the corner of the boot of the car.
    Two weeks off a little list of jobs to do, can I be bothered no. Unless it entails buying beer and BBQ gear.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Think I am at the stage of my holiday where I'm losing track of what day it is. Hope V68 is enjoying himself in a country with 300 million fat walkers and that he avoids becoming one himself :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thekickingmule
    Used a dry spell this morning for a tip run, boring.
    Are you Harry Potter or something?
    Blender Cube AMS Pro