Polygon Entiat

Estilo
Estilo Posts: 3
edited July 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, I'm new here and new to mtb's in general. Would those in the know kindly shed your thoughts on the Polygon Entiat? It's a new-ish model so I haven't been able to find much reviews on them. Seems like it's hardcore hardtail-ish type with longer travel and wheelbase than their XC line-up. But it's an alloy frame. I'm not sure how big Polygon is worldwide but they're a bicycle giant locally, and they have signed on world-class riders it seems.

I'm currently looking at hitting up the local XC trail for practice but aim to eventually ride AM type trails in the woods. Would this serve well for that purpose, for a beginner? I've read that hardtails are the best practice machines, but I've also read that long travel hardtails are the scariest types with the front end allowing for anything but you'd have to work more to keep the read in check. Further ahead, I do aim to get a full-fledged trail bike, so I guess what I'd like for now is a decent all-around bike that I can relegate for other uses in future.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Never seen or heard of one in the UK.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If it's priced at about £700 equivalent its about the right price, the Epicon isn't at it's best at 140mm though.

If they are a bicycle giant locally, where is that 'locally'?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Estilo
    Estilo Posts: 3
    the Epicon isn't at it's best at 140mm though.

Could you expand on this mate? Also I'm based in Indonesia.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The fork isn't stiff enough, so as it gets longer (for the longer travel versions) it gets a bit flexible, it also seems to then induce some stiction so it's not as plush as it is in short travel trim.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.