Absoluteblack 40t expander

kester
kester Posts: 79
edited July 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Im looking to get this 40t expander from CRC as i've got a voucher for there but noticed that the only option to select is for shimano cassettes not sram which i have on my bike. Forgive my probable ignorance but is there any reason why this isn't compatible with sram stuff??

Link- http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/black-by-absoluteblack-expander-sprocket/rp-prod131090

Cheers in advance

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It will work with SRAM, but the shifting rams are aligned to a Shimano cassette AIUI, also it may not be as easy with a SRAM cassette to sort the rest of the gearing in a sensible way, depending on which SRAM cassette you have.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • kester
    kester Posts: 79
    Cheers, my cassette is a PG-1030 10spd 11-36t if that helps? Was only looking at this expander as its £20 cheaper than the hope t-rex which is sram compatable and thought i could maybe just get away with it.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Shifting won't be too smooth. I would go for a SRAM compatible expander like OneUp
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Or change the cassette
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.