2015 R3 Di2

ic.
ic. Posts: 769
edited September 2015 in Your road bikes
With huge thanks to Wheelbase, who stripped down one of the bikes they had in the shop so that I could have the frame, after Cervelo couldn't get me one till mid August, I took a huge box of parts down to Staveley on Saturday and picked this up 4 hours later.

Took it out for 40 miles last night, and apart from a constantly slipping seat post, loved it. It's a totally different frame to my old 2013 model. Tube shapes are different and the ride does seem stiffer.

So here it is, sorry for the bad pics, will get something better at some point. Always seems to have the sun in the wrong place when I get 5 mins to take pics.

Build is 54cm 2015 R3
Ultegra 6870 DI2 groupset with Swiss Stop green pads
Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels with GP400 s2 rubber, 25mm
FSA SLK seat post (wanted a 3T to match, but couldn't get an older style white stripe one in carbon)
3T 120mm Pro Stem
3T Ergosum Pro bars
3T Pro bar tape
Fizik Antares saddle
Leyzene Road Drive cages
Speedplay Zero stainless pedals

Weight is a touch above 7kg

r3di2.jpg
r3di22.jpg
2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
Boardman CX Team - sold
Cannondale Synapse - broken
Cube Streamer - stolen
Boardman Road Comp - stolen

Comments

• Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    edited July 2015
    With huge thanks to Wheelbase, who stripped down one of the bikes they had in the shop so that I could have the frame, after Cervelo couldn't get me one till mid August, I took a huge box of parts down to Staveley on Saturday and picked this up 4 hours later.

Took it out for 40 miles last night, and apart from a constantly slipping seat post, loved it. It's a totally different frame to my old 2013 model. Tube shapes are different and the ride does seem stiffer.

So here it is, sorry for the bad pics, will get something better at some point. Always seems to have the sun in the wrong place when I get 5 mins to take pics.

Build is 54cm 2015 R3
    Ultegra 6870 DI2 groupset with Swiss Stop green pads
    Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels with GP400 s2 rubber, 25mm
    FSA SLK seat post (wanted a 3T to match, but couldn't get an older style white stripe one in carbon)
    3T 120mm Pro Stem
    3T Ergosum Pro bars
    3T Pro bar tape
    Fizik Antares saddle
    Leyzene Road Drive cages
    Speedplay Zero stainless pedals

Weight is a touch above 7kg

r3di2.jpg
    r3di22.jpg

I've got the R2 which has the same frame.
    Loving it, at least until I broke my collarbone :(

Really like the new R3 paint job (despite the criticism it receives), nice work.
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • antsmithmk
    antsmithmk Posts: 717
    White on top, black on the bottom. Your bike is disguised as a pint of Guinness?
  • That chain looks effing tight, and that garage is a mess
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Cervelo make some stunning bikes. Then they paint them and ruin the good work.
  • ic.
    That chain looks effing tight, and that garage is a mess

The garage is a mess, I accept. Comes of having far too many cardboard boxes from kids bdays and new bike parts. It's usually very tidy

The chain? Am not so sure what you mean? It's only 2 links from a full chain length as delivered from Shimano, it was sized by a pro mechanic and as pictured is sitting on 36x14 ish. Why do you say tight? The cage isn't exactly stretching forward. I'm confused?

The departed:

Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cube Streamer - stolen
  • That chain looks effing tight, and that garage is a mess

The garage is a mess, I accept. Comes of having far too many cardboard boxes from kids bdays and new bike parts. It's usually very tidy

The chain? Am not so sure what you mean? It's only 2 links from a full chain length as delivered from Shimano, it was sized by a pro mechanic and as pictured is sitting on 36x14 ish. Why do you say tight? The cage isn't exactly stretching forward. I'm confused?

It looks tight, so you are running a 54 x 36? How many links on a 28 cassette?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • ic.
    No, I'm running 52-36 and a 12-25 cassette

Surely the "tightness" of a chain is governed by the strength of the spring in the rear mech? In this case, a 6870 rear mech

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from, and still confused how on earth a chain can look tight. Every bike I own looks exactly the same. The only time I've ever seen slack in a chain is old fashioned track slack on a track bike

The departed:

Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cube Streamer - stolen
  • Nowt wrong with chain, but I think the frame colour is an acquired taste....still, at least its not all "stealth monster" :lol:
    Do fancy a Cervelo though...
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    very nice looker - like the new Cervelo graphics much better than the older ones
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2