OnOne scandal

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited July 2015 in Your mountain bikes
Built from old spare parts - frame was tatty and been powder coated, hence the stickers! fast handling 'trail' bike, the tyres are surprisingly good. Got rid of the useless TK damper, smoother and less spiky now.

OnOne Scandal 18"

18" scandium frame
Rockshox Recon Silver forks
Alex DP17 wheelset
Hayes Stroker Carbon brakes with 180mm rotors
Kenda Nevegal tyres, with Stick E compound
XT/SLX shifter pods
SLX shadow rear mech
XT 11-32 9 speed cassette
X5 front mech
Shimano M442 double 32/22 chainset with alloy bashguard
ES25 hollow BB
Genesis riser bar
Wake anodized alloy stem
Rabid anodized headset with stainless steel cartridge bearings
Ritchey comp seatpost
Specialized Body Geometry saddle
Token lock on grips
OnOne lightweght allen bolt seat clamp
Wellgo thermoplastic pedals with metal pin strips

Comments

• kyle17290
    kyle17290 Posts: 261
    Just curious , but what was your reasoning for removing the tk damper ? Are they air or coil? I may do the same on my spare parts build. Cheers.
  • supersonic
    It wasn't working properly and the seals were damaged. It's a nasty cheap thing anyway, the fork is better off without it.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So are you running any compression damper? Or just a plain top cap (looks like an air cap?).

Surely a lightweight Scandal frame deserves a lighter build than that?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • supersonic
    The TK has practically zero compression damping - it does nothing but lock the fork out, and has a habit of getting crushed under big loads, so it had to go. is the old top cap, I cut the rest off.

As I said, was a spare parts build, I got the frame very cheap - is not exactly a heavy build! The lightweight kit is on the Zaskar, that is 8.8kg ;-)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yes I knew your Zaskar was light! Having said that the frame probably is about the same weight as the Scandal?

So what I thought was an air valve is just the remains of the TK shaft without the knob?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • supersonic
    The Zaskar is about 300g lighter - the thick powder coat has done no favours to the Scandal!

Aye, is just the TK cap with the rest lobbed away. I'd like lighter forks - I picked up a set of Skarabs recently for £25 (on the blue Zaskar), and some Fox F80 RLT for £35 but these had a too short steerer.