Kids bikes, bits and places to ride...

gravitykid
gravitykid Posts: 17
Since having my daughter nearly 6 years ago my whole biking world has been turned upside down. I now find myself doing family xc rides on weekends rather than throwing myself down hills doing dh.
The truth is that I'm enjoying my current riding as much as I did my dh.
Watching my little girl enjoy herself and progress makes riding so much fun.
I'm also loving buying bikes and bits for my daughter's bike.

On the back of this I'm now doing a blog (gravitykids) which will cover the kiddie side of biking. I'll be doing reviews of bikes, bike bits and kid friendly bike rides.

If be grateful if anyone who is remotely interested could sign up to my blog and give me feedback on what I write as well as letting me know of any family rides that I could possibly do and review.

https://gravitykids.wordpress.com

Follow the blog, through the link at the bottom of the page, and you'll receive an email whenever I post.

You can also follow gravitykids through our twitter page:
https://twitter.com/gravitykids

Reviews coming up over the next few weeks will include:
Raleigh Performance 20 bike, Schwalbe Mow Joe tyres and ghetto tubeless on a kids bike.

Comments

• bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Good stuff - I've subscribed and I've shared with our school MTB club. It can be a bit of a challenge buying bikes and gear for kids... they can have some fun on just about anything, but the right kit certainly expands their horizons.

My son is now 13 so we've been down through the rigid-but-light bikes, and on to the build it yourself HT phase... and we are now onto the going places he could hurt himself phase, with the is-it-safe-to-let-him-ride-without-me phase looming. I just re-found on of my first posts on here when he got an Islabike and managed to climb our nearest big hill... viewtopic.php?t=12708297

Looking forward to more - riding with kids can be very rewarding, and it's great to see how others manage it.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • gravitykid
    gravitykid Posts: 17
    Thanks for the comments and for sharing.

Getting the right bike can make such a difference, and getting the weight down for a kids is one of the important things. I enjoyed reading your post, is nice to see kids sticking with the riding over the years and enjoying it.

I'm pleased that the biking bug is infectious and kids catch it.

I've got a custom build hardtail already in mind for my daughter's next bike. I've prey much decided on all the bits, it's just the frame I'm undecided on.