Chain coming off: Ultegra 11 Front Derailleur + FSA crankset

pmorgan1
pmorgan1 Posts: 173
edited July 2015 in Workshop
Hi all,

The combination of the FSA crankset and the front derailleur keeps giving me grief, and I want to have it sorted.

I find that the chain keeps coming off the crankset when I pedal hard and the chain is on one of the fastest gears on the rear cassette. I can see that the crankset is not totally solid and bends a millimetre or so when under pressure. The chain comes off outwards. Had to replace the chain after a few incidents where the chain got entangled around the cranks and eventually didn't run true.

What can I do to prevent the chain from coming off? If this can be done by repositioning the derailleur, where should it be?

Thank you.

Comments

• dgunthor
    dgunthor Posts: 644
    you want to adjust the limit screw on the front mech so the cage stops the chain from coming off the large chainring - suspect the gap is too large at the moment, hence the chain can come off
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Front mech alignment needs work - it should only come as far to prevent chainrub on big ring / small sprocket.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    It's also important to ensure that the azimuth alignment of the derailleur is as close to the chainrings as possible.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}