jerseys of the Tour de France

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    Carrera a la S Roche has got to be the best one followed by KAS and the Red Solo Superia.

Carrera-jeans-jersey-low-res.jpg

2015-03-19-etxeondo-kas-jersey-1024x708.jpg

2015-06-24-g.s.-solo-superia-retro-full-zip-jersey-short-sleeve-0.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rdent
    rdent Posts: 49
    IAM Cycling is my favourite in the peloton.
  • BMC of the current crop.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    Carrera a la S Roche has got to be the best one followed by KAS and the Red Solo Superia.

Carrera-jeans-jersey-low-res.jpg

2015-03-19-etxeondo-kas-jersey-1024x708.jpg

2015-06-24-g.s.-solo-superia-retro-full-zip-jersey-short-sleeve-0.jpg
    I've still got a Carrera hat :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    I still have 2 Carrera jersey's STC but I never wear them along with a retro Cicli Pinarello blue and white one.

Might just pop along to Prendas. The Solo Superia top is £50. I mean what's £50, not even a good night out these day's...
  • seanoconn
    I still have 2 Carrera jersey's STC but I never wear them along with a retro Cicli Pinarello blue and white one.

Might just pop along to Prendas. The Solo Superia top is £50. I mean what's £50, not even a good night out these day's...
    My Carrera hat is an original from 1987 8)

"Now here comes Delgado crossing the line, he was 1:30 ahead but just who is that rider coming up from behind?, it look like Roche! It's Stephen Roche crossing the line!"
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I still fit into my 1988 Z Peugeot top - definitely up there with the coolest tops ever imho.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    I used to like the old Liquigas-Cannondale kit. Blue on one side, green the other.

But I can't remember Boy George cycling for them

Liquigas-carries-Sagan-to-Vuelta-stage-win-9UASOEA-x-large.jpg

Those podium girls aren't as pretty as the TdF one's, especially the one in the middle and it's definitely not the TdF - Sagan is on the winners step. :D
  • gaffer_slow
    gaffer_slow Posts: 417
    Don't mean to open a can of worms but OP said ....
    like the yellow jersey. It's more or less devoid of logos, with a nicely understated Arc de Triumphe if you catch it at the right angle. But you could never actually wear one, or you'd look like some deluded plonker who thinks he's leading the Tour, as he huffs and puffs his way up the breathtaking 4% gradient that is Priory Hill...

Now this is a perfectly acceptable opinion, but i don't see how this sentiment doesn't extend to pro team kit....

There is someone local who rides full pro team kit and it just jars with me a bit,
    i don't care (do whatever you want) - i just wouldn't do it myself.

Once i passed someone pootling along (clearly in slow mode) in full OPQS kit, team socks/team evade helmet - didn't get a chance to look at their bike at the time (it def wasn't not a team bike ... but don't know if it was if yu know what i mean)... but i swear they looked and gave off a "real" pro vibe - a real whippet body type. Either that or they were the biggest fanboy. Got home and looked at the OPQS website .... might have been .......
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Don't mean to open a can of worms but OP said ....
    like the yellow jersey. It's more or less devoid of logos, with a nicely understated Arc de Triumphe if you catch it at the right angle. But you could never actually wear one, or you'd look like some deluded plonker who thinks he's leading the Tour, as he huffs and puffs his way up the breathtaking 4% gradient that is Priory Hill...

Now this is a perfectly acceptable opinion, but i don't see how this sentiment doesn't extend to pro team kit....

There is someone local who rides full pro team kit and it just jars with me a bit,
    i don't care (do whatever you want) - i just wouldn't do it myself.

Once i passed someone pootling along (clearly in slow mode) in full OPQS kit, team socks/team evade helmet - didn't get a chance to look at their bike at the time (it def wasn't not a team bike ... but don't know if it was if yu know what i mean)... but i swear they looked and gave off a "real" pro vibe - a real whippet body type. Either that or they were the biggest fanboy. Got home and looked at the OPQS website .... might have been .......

If wearing team kit and pretendng to be Cav gets people into the sport then I'm all for it. Same with yellow jersey and KOM jersey etc
  • I've got the Tinkoff-Saxo Camo training kit (slightly less garish than the Tour kit) but it's great.

I like the FDJ kit but not with white shorts!
  • I've been thinking that apart from Sky you hardly ever see team jerseys (from the current tour) out on the road, but today I saw Europcar, MTM Quhebeka and Movistar, all in the space of about an hour.

Off topic slightly, I have Brazil and Argentina football shirts, both bought because I liked the colours. The Argentina one sometimes earns me a funny look from passers by... Also Aussie, NZ, South Africa and Wales rugby ones, for the same reason. Haven't got any England ones because I don't like white.
  • This year I like Movistar and Sky (both quite simple). The worst by a mile is Tinkoff Saxo. Coupled with the gren jersey and his garish helmet, Sagan looks like he's stood in the middle of an explosion in a rainbow paint factory*.

* Not that he cares, he's a pro cyclist, in the TdF looking for his 4th consecutive green jersey. We'd all swap with him in a heart beat
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    Lotto-Soudal

Cause I like red.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    teampiecyclingjerseyshortsleeve_flat.jpg
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    The worst jersey in the Tour for me is Sagan's national champs jersey, with the Saxo kit. It looks horrible.

At least he's in green now so it's better
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    The worst jersey in the Tour for me is Sagan's national champs jersey, with the Saxo kit. It looks horrible.

At least he's in green now so it's better

i'm actually thinking of getting this. I have the Liquigas one but never bought the Cannondale one as it looked rubbish, least the Saxo one has the proper bands on it. It's a bit out there with the colours which appeals to me.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    On the Wiggle website, The Tinkoff Saxo jersey is currently the best selling.

To put it politely I have my reservations over accurate / fiddled their "best selling" items are. Especially when the best selling also happens to be the one of the most expensive such as the £466 handlebars.

The cynic in me thinks if you want to sell something fast, then put it at the top of the list.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    edited July 2015
    teampiecyclingjerseyshortsleeve_flat.jpg

Now that one is one that I would buy! :lol::lol::lol:

EDIT: didn't realise it was a real jersey - thought it was photoshopped!!!!!!

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • seanoconn
  • pinno

What you up to? Seantheconn lifestyle guru? You'll be back in A wing quick as a shot. Mind you, I need some new hoops...
  • KevinA
    KevinA Posts: 492
    Tinkoff Saxo for me, got the top, shorts and socks before the tour started.

Its bright so can be seen at night and I think its rather cool looking.