Bottom Bracket Sizing Help Please

wolfsbane2k
wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
edited July 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi.

I'm in need of a new bottom bracket since I'm replacing the ISIS cranks on my Kona Hoss 2007 bike, which came with a Race Face ISIS BB.

I'm not sure which size to get for the frame - is there a way of checking without removing the lot?

I'm thinking Shimano BB70, which is a 68/73mm to go with the SLX Hollowtech 2 Crankset.

Is there anything else I need to be aware of with the upgrade?

Thanks!
Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    HT 2 cranksets come with BB cups as standard. and they will fit either width.

just get the BB shell faced.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    HT 2 cranksets come with BB cups as standard. and they will fit either width.

just get the BB shell faced.

Thanks. I think i'll get the LBS to do that bit then!
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...