Garmin 810 and Virb Elite question

bing gordon
bing gordon Posts: 662
edited July 2015 in Workshop
I have both running OK the 810 and virb elite but how do I get the cadence and HM to show once I've imported the video's to the Virb Edit program on my PC ?.

Comments

• wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    Have you paired the sensors with the Virb? If so you just need to create a video from the imported clips and add the relevant sensors in the G-Metrix part of the edit section.

If the sensors are just paired with the Edge you need to replace the data file in when creating the video and tell Virb Edit to use the fit file from your Edge. You will most likely need to manually sync up the fit file data to the video as well. Then you add the appropriate sensors as before.
  • bing gordon
    bing gordon Posts: 662
    in the 810 it says Virb enabled, when I've finished my ride and save/upload the data from the 810 to my Garmin connect via my phone & bluetooth the Virb also starts to save GPS data.
    When I upload the latest videos back to my PC the speed does not match. I'm still lost on how to show the heart rate cadence etc what and were to the put the .fit file from the 810 on my PC
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    in the 810 it says Virb enabled, when I've finished my ride and save/upload the data from the 810 to my Garmin connect via my phone & bluetooth the Virb also starts to save GPS data.
    When I upload the latest videos back to my PC the speed does not match. I'm still lost on how to show the heart rate cadence etc what and were to the put the .fit file from the 810 on my PC
    You have to pair you HR and cadence sensors with the Virb itself in the settings menus. Connecting a Virb to an Edge head unit only means you can start/stop recording from the Edge instead of touching the Virb if you wish to.

In the Virb edit software create a new video. You drag some clips imported form the Virb onto the timeline of the video. There is be a tab in the edit section to add data overlays to the video. Go there and have a look at all the available overlays. If you wish to use data recorded by another device rather than the Virb for the data overlays you plug in the device to your computer. In the the Virb edit application there is an area in the video editing section to replace the GPS data. Choose this option and navigate to your Edge and select the relevant .fit file (you could always copy the .fit file to your computer first if you want to).

If the position/speed/whatever data doesn't sync up with the video then you have to manually sync it. In the section where you can replace GPS data there is also a feature to maually sync the recorded data file. You use a slider under the video to specify a scene. You use a slider under a map display to adjust the track position to match the video image.