bib shorts, kuku penthouse et al

23cm viking
23cm viking Posts: 2
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
Help !!!!! Can anyone out there give me any help on which bin shorts, knicks etc are good for a we'll sized wanger ????
I have tried the expensive ,the cheaper etc an was wondering if anyone out there in a similar situation has tried these Assos kuku penthouse knicks and whether they are for real or any other brand that I don't have to cut the front parts of the pad out so I can sit comfortably and not look like a deformed donkey when I walk into a coffee shop ??????
I learned to avoid certain colours s when I was younger, but now age is creeping up and my sit bones need more padding etc, I need a thin pad at the front ???
Hopefully someone can help !

Comments

• SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    Has to be a contender for the best first post....
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    There are some king size bell ends on here so Im sure one will impart and share their wisdom...
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    I think you should take one for the team and report back ;)
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    I'll bite here and try to answer the ops "concerns".

The top end ASSOS bib shorts have a unique feature which as far as I know sets it apart from other bib shorts, however, they are also set apart by price unless you get a ridiculous discount (which I was lucky to receive). I personally think that whilst the special ASSOS feature actually works I do not think it is worth the extra premium over other shorts. I know some posters who ride long distances (Grill?) are a big fan of these ASSOS shorts and they possibly come into there own if you rode 100+ miles. My cheapest pair of shorts - RST from Cycledivision for me personally are not much worse in terms of comfort than my top end ASSOS shorts. However, at the lower end of the price spectrum you have issues with quality, wear and fit (I think I was lucky with the RST shorts).
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    Yes, but will the kuku penthouse be big enough for Mr 23cm?
  • Yes, but will the kuku penthouse be big enough for Mr 23cm?

Flacid?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles