2016 Defy 1 Disk

anthdci
anthdci Posts: 543
edited July 2015 in Commuting general
Just saw the review on the front page, this looks awesome. I wanted to upgrade my 2013 Defy 1 to the new carbon defy advanced disk but due to cash flow I couldn't so this seems ideal through the cycle 2 work scheme if it's under 1k. It looks like an ideal year round commuter when your doing 12+ miles on the road.

Do we have an ETA when it will be available in the UK?
Will it be the standard defy 1 price of £999?
Does it take mudguards like previous defys?

The article doesn't seem to mention any of these things.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    For less money I'd take a good look at the Planet X London Road.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • anthdci
    anthdci Posts: 543
    For less money I'd take a good look at the Planet X London Road.

Thanks, as nice as that looks, it does seem a bit too much towards a cyclocross bike for my liking/needs. In that it looks quite robust and therefore heavier than the defy (read "hopping up curbs"), and the wheels like too big for 23-25mm tyres as they come with 35mm tyres standard.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Its on 35mm as stock and they are Shimano road wheels, 24mm external rim, so about 20mm internal which will take a 25mm tyre.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,216
    If you look carefully at the photographs that accompany that review, you can see mudguard mounts on the fork and rear dropouts, back of the fork crown and underside of the seatstay bridge. The 2016 bikes should be on the website late August, if you want to know the weight of a bike, look on the Giant Dutch or Germany language website in the specifications section.