Lapierre Zesty TR 429

clio197
clio197 Posts: 21
edited July 2015 in MTB buying advice
Looking at upgrading from my hardtail Felt Q800 to a lower level full suspension. Had my eye on the Lapierre Zesty range for a while as I like the look of the bike and prefer the layout of the rear shock running underneath the top tube as opposed to down the seat post tube. This just popped up online, and has an extra 10% off until Thursday bringing it in at £1394.99. Anyone have one or can advise me if its any good? Mainly ride around Sherwood Pines and the surrounding local area so I don't need anything too hardcore!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/lapierre-zesty-tr-429-suspension-bike-2014/rp-prod111246

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It's got a pretty terrible fork and the shock isn't great. The SRAM X7 gearing isn't too great either.
    There are much better bikes for the price. It was never worth that full price by a long way
    At the same price I would go for the Nukeproof Mega TR. I have seen them under £1500
  • loudog
    loudog Posts: 136
    I very nearly brought a zesty a few months back. Like you I loved the look but in hindsight I was definitely blinded by looks because as said, theres much better out there for the money's
    It matters not, win or lose, it's how you ride the bike