DI2 setup questions

ashleydwsmith
ashleydwsmith Posts: 693
edited July 2015 in Workshop
Afternoon,

I have recently installed di2 on my look 675. Overall happy with it but not convinced its as smooth running as mechanical.

So my wheels are kysirium equipe s which are 11 speed compatible, but should I have used a small spacer at the back of the cassette? the reason I ask is that if back pedalling the chainline does not seem to be 100% so chain is slightly overshifting, or is this due to the way di2 does overshift but then come back?

I was expecting to be able to use all the gears should I need to with no noise but am I right in thingking that the same rules apply i.e do not cross chain where possible? and there will always be noise?

Comments

• trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    The chain will always be more audible at more extreme angles on any set up. You can cross chain if you want, the FD auto trim should eliminate any noise on the cage.

Have you followed the set up PDF and done each step correctly ?

Are you using the adjustment mode to fine tune the position ?

No experience of Kysirium Equipe S but If there is any play in the cassette i would try installing a spacer. If not then it should be OK.

This thread might hlp
    viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=13030048
  • Cheers for the reply, yes I set it up as per the tech manual with the fine adjustments. It's funny how the chain noise seems worse in the stand.

Is an awesome setup though
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Why pedal backwards? Only need to do that to check the B tension screw on the workstand.
  • It was just a noise I picked up when I did it in the stand.