Mavic Cosmic Elite

SLR021
SLR021 Posts: 79
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
Thinking about my first wheel up grade and wondered how Mavic Cosmics rate ? My local bike shop has an ex display pair up for grabs for £300. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Probikekit are doing them for £211 so maybe not the deal you think.
  • SLR021
    Clearly not, thanks for the heads up. Very tempted to take a punt at that price. Are they good wheels or discounted to that price for a reason ?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Clearly not, thanks for the heads up. Very tempted to take a punt at that price. Are they good wheels or discounted to that price for a reason ?

They are excellent wheels, very underrated in the UK for some reason. Probably because they aren't particularly light or 'look' that aero but they are actually really good.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • SLR021
    Thanks folks. Just pulled the trigger on a pair from PBK. Not totally clear on whether these come with tyres or not, guess I'll have to wait till I open the box :D
  • bagz3
    bagz3 Posts: 253
    Depends which Cosmic Elite's you're talking about because Probikekit do have some cheaper than £300.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I've recently put a set+tyres on my Canyon.Initial indications a are good.They look better and feel stiffer than the Shimano A500s they replaced.
  • SLR021
    Excellent service from PBK. My cosmics arrived this morning courtesy of free next day delivery. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they do come with fitted tyres, and skewers. Decent weather and a day off ment that I was out on the road for a 50 mile spin by 10am.
    So far, so good. Wheels look fantastic on the bike, feel very stiff and roll beautifully, gathering speed well on downhills and seemingly holding it easily on the flats. Early days I know, but at £211.99 including tyres, tubes, next day dellivery and skewers I am extremely pleased.
    Thanks for the help guys. :D
  • davecara
    davecara Posts: 104
    I've just bagged a set from the bicycle lounge for £199 delivered, don't think they've got tyres though.
    Can't wait to get them fitted and get out on them and see how they compare to my 4yo Aksiums
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I've just bagged a set from the bicycle lounge for £199 delivered, don't think they've got tyres though.
    Can't wait to get them fitted and get out on them and see how they compare to my 4yo Aksiums
    I'm not at all happy with the tyres.They look like they've done 400 miles when they've only done 50.I'll be swapping them for my old Conti gp4000s 8)