26 vs 29

ChILd_ReBoRn
ChILd_ReBoRn Posts: 92
edited July 2015 in MTB beginners
Hello to you all.
I tried to search for the topic, but to no avail.

I'l be short and sweet. I'm buying a XC bike ( got of a trekking 28"), so I can go more offroad than tarmac. ( tarmac, gravel uphill climbs, and single track or gravel downhill descents). Since I'm on a extremely limited (low) budget, I'm buying an used bike.
Where is the problem? For teh money I have, I can get a wheeler 29pro with full deore equipment, in mint condition, but the wheel size is 26" ( the frame is 21" which suits me just fine), or I can get some moderatelly driven ( 6k km) 29er like cube aim or analog with basic equipment ( alivio, altus or acera). I deeply believe that I won't be in any condition to upgrade my bike in the future, since the upgraqdes in Croatia cost as much as half of the bike itself :).

So I'm inclining to go towards the 26" bike, although the 29 is future. I'm about 190cm and 97 kilo, so I'm not feather weight category. I'm just affraid that the bike won't perform as god as the entry level 29er, although I didn't drive any 29er, except cube ltd pro, but thats all but entry level :)

Comments