Boardman Comp HT 650b Bottom Bracket

LukeAFC
LukeAFC Posts: 8
edited July 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,

Does anyone know what bottom bracket would fit the Boardman Comp HT 650b please? I'm after something better than the standard BB and something that will work with my current crank etc.

Many thanks

Luke

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Link to bike? Or photo?

And what issues are you having now that you want to change?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • LukeAFC
    The bike is this one: http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtb/ht_comp650b.html

It's just getting a bit noisy and as I understand it the BB is weak point of this bike anyway. Just after upgrading to something a bit more heavy duty without having to change the whole crankset
  • nicklouse
    You are stuck with the FSA power spline BB unless you change the cranks.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • LukeAFC
    Ok thanks.

Do you know if it's a 68 x 108 or 68 x 113?
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    It's a 113mm spindle.

My advice would be bite the bullet and buy a Deore HT2 Crankset, only £45 and you get the BB with it. Very good value for money and overall better.

Click me
  • LukeAFC
    If I do that though I'll have to change the cassette and rear derallieur though won't I?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No, why would you?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • LukeAFC
    Because the rest of the setup is SRAM and I've been told that you can't mix Shimano and SRAM?
  • nicklouse
    Because the rest of the setup is SRAM and I've been told that you can't mix Shimano and SRAM?

you can for this with no probs.

it is the rear derailers and shifters you cant mix.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I know of someone who had halfords replace the BB 6 times on that model before they admitted there was a fault with the frame. He got an upgrade to the team.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • LukeAFC
    I've already had a free of charge upgrade from the Carerra Vulcan 2015 to the Biardman Comp HT. I'd really be pushing my luck if I wanted another upgrade!!
  • LukeAFC
    Just a quick update on this, the BB that has actually come off the bike is a 73 x 113 FSA Powerdrive.