Chelford 10mile TT

gaz047
gaz047 Posts: 601
edited July 2015 in Amateur race
Hi, looking to do my first TT this week, hopefully the Chelford course (starts in a lay by near Monks Heath, J2/1 iirc). It looks like one is run on Mondays (run by Stockport Clarion and Manchester Tri Club and one on Wednesdays (not sure who the organisers are for Wed, just been told they happen).
Is it ok to just turn up, or do you have to book in advance?
If any of you do this course, any additional information would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
Gaz
if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
Stick your 'rules' up your a%se

Comments

• JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Long way from me so can't provide specific details about the course....

I'm assuming it's a club event rather than an open as it's on a weekday, so yes you should be fine to just turn up although it's useful to contact the organising club beforehand to find out where to sign on and collect a number.
  • CYCLESPORT1
    CYCLESPORT1 Posts: 471
    http://www.westmeadteam88.co.uk/event.php?type=club
    Please Note: This year all competitors will need to have a working rear light - NO REAR LIGHT, NO RIDE. Signing on will only take place from 6pm to 7pm.
  • gaz047
    Jack and CYCLESPORT1, thanks very much for your quick replies.
    Wednesday sounds good, where do you park and sign on? Had a look at the link provided (thanks again), but couldn't find this info.

Many thanks
    Gaz
  • CYCLESPORT1
    CYCLESPORT1 Posts: 471
    What was the old Astra-Zenica Fitness Club car park at the traffic lights on the A34 / Bollington Lane, in the car park.
  • gaz047
    That's great, cheers CYCLESPORT1