B'Twin Ultra 700 v Ribble Evo Pro Carbon

sirichmond
sirichmond Posts: 250
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
Afternoon all.

Looking at replacing my Fuji Absolute hybrid flat bar road bike with a proper roadbike for local rides of up to 60 miles. Not wanting to break the bank as my main love is MTB so this is for those days when time is short and you just want to ride out the back door with friends. Having bought a few publications this month seen a rave review of the new B'Twin Ultra 700 which replaces the Alur and also Ribble Cycles Evo Pro Carbon. Main differences seem to be are all internal cabling and brake mounted on the chainstay of the B'twin and obliviously the Ribble is Carbon and reviwer states it rides really smooth, both just nip under 20lb. Budget is a grand tops ideally less so the B'twin is more ideal financially but is a bit drab looking in gray, the Ribble on the other hand has top quality Ultegra 11 speed groupset and seems a bit of a bargain. Side note is the B'twin is available in all sizes shortly where as the Ribble is 52/ medium though according to their blurb fits upto 6' 1" which is exactly my height. Had a look at the frame geometry compared with other brands and it does seem to measure up with 56-58 frame sizes from other brands. Used Ribbles size calculator and with an inside leg of 86cm I need a 59 or 55 with sloping top tube. Any advice on sizes and which steed to go for. Thanks in advance and appologies for long post.

http://www.allthegearnoidea.net

Yorkshire & North East MTB