Photochromic Sunglasses

gcwebbyuk
gcwebbyuk Posts: 1,926
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
I have a pair of Endura Crossbow glasses, which are pretty good for the price, but the design causes sweat from my brow to drip down the inside of the lens.

I have owned several pairs of Oakleys over the years (Frogskins, FM Jackets, Ice Pick and A-Wires) and have always liked them. I bought the Enduras as I was after a photochromic lens and didn't want to buy a whole new pair of £150+ Oakleys. However, it seems like I am going to end up buying something else anyway...

There seems to be two good options:
Oakley Radar Path or Rudy Project Rydon Impact X

Are there any others I should look at?

Any pros/cons to the two pairs mentioned above?

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I have the RudyP photochromatic... even with inserts, comfort ... fit even with the Mojito.
    great for every and all conditions.. only con is of course the asking price.
  • The rudy projects are brilliant, they don't mist up, keep the sweat off, are stable when needed but I suppose the styling hasn't moved on much over the years
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • macleod113
    macleod113 Posts: 560
    I have some Salice 006 ones that were only £48 on fleabay. Store is based in Italy but delivery was quite quick. Great styling and I prefer them to my radarlocks
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Depends on how they fit your face, Rydons mist up a bit for me. I also don't like the combo of polarised and photochromic that mine have as photochromic aren't fun in the wet as it's a lottery to determine a bit of water from a water filled pothole.
  • gcwebbyuk
    gcwebbyuk Posts: 1,926
    There don't seem to be many stores that have glasses you can try on, other than Oakley, which makes it tricky to know how they will fit.

I've always had polarised oakleys, is it just the Rudys that are a combo of photochromic and polarised?
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    There don't seem to be many stores that have glasses you can try on, other than Oakley, which makes it tricky to know how they will fit.

I've always had polarised oakleys, is it just the Rudys that are a combo of photochromic and polarised?

I think when I bought mine you could have photochromic rydons in combo with polarised or without.

Fit in a store is one thing but it won't tell you if they will steam up for you (someone can feel free to make a joke about doing something in a store changing rooms if they think it's clever).