Caliper issues

mightyi
mightyi Posts: 73
edited July 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
OK I have been looking around and can't find anything to point to a solution on this one....

I've been running 180mm Front/160mm Rear rotors on a Cube stereo 2011 and RockShox Revs without any problem; i've upgraded the brakes to SLX M675s front and rear and decided to add some ice-tech rotors 203mm/180mm instead. Bought the correct (or so i thought!) Shimano mount adapters - 203mm Post for the front and 180mm IS to post at the rear. All went well with the front caliper, but the rear rotor edge is stuck against the caliper housing. I've managed to get the correct clearance using 2.5mm spacers between the adapter and the caliper to raise it slightly, but not happy about the botch! the 160mm adapter and rotor worked without any problems, seems a bit strange the 180mm doesn't though.....has anyone else seen this problem? Is it possible the post adapter is dodgy? I know the frame originally came with 180mm F/R Hayes Stroker brakes, so the frame can take that size ok. Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments