Tortec Velocity Rear Pannier Rack + Ribble Winter Audax

jack_flap
jack_flap Posts: 40
edited September 2015 in Workshop
Has anyone managed to fit a Tortec Velocity Rear Pannier Rack on a Ribble Winter Audax?

Seems like the included fixings hit the rear brake Calliper (Ultegra 6600).

Comments

• jack_flap
    Thanks - looks interesting, have you (or anyone else) used it with the Ribble & Velocity?

Also I'm using a carbon seatpost at the moment, I wonder if that would be an issue?
  • jack_flap
    Ah yes, it replaces the seat clamp so will be fine with carbon.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Rosebike sell arms with different depth bends in them. My bike needed them. Look for Tubus spares.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • jp1970
    jp1970 Posts: 134
    Thanks - looks interesting, have you (or anyone else) used it with the Ribble & Velocity?

Also I'm using a carbon seatpost at the moment, I wonder if that would be an issue?

mine was used on s secteur.... which had a carbon post. The type of clamp used on a carbon post doesn't really make a difference. The usually rules apply to carbon posts... make sure you torque up the bolt as per the manufacturers recommended max or slightly under.

cheers
  • A while ago now but a quick update in case is useful for anyone else.

Managed to get the rack to fit by increasing the bend in the separate fixing arms and then reducing their length by a couple of cm with a hacksaw - no doubt warranty void but I thought would look neater than the seatpost clamp option.