650c Knobbly tyres for CX

PatBoySlim
PatBoySlim Posts: 16
edited July 2015 in Cyclocross
Does anyone know where I can get 650c Knobbly tyres for CX in the UK or even to import ?

Comments

• roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Does anyone know where I can get 650c Knobbly tyres for CX in the UK or even to import ?

only one I've seen is the Surley Knard http://surlybikes.com/parts/wheels/knard_650b

I'm assuming you mean 650b which is mostly MTB wheels/tyres now.

650c on triathlon bikes, particularly smaller frames where more common a few years back.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Are you quite sure you want 650c? I just bought a pair of 650c wheels for my daughter's Islabike, on the assumption that 26" and 650c were the same thing, and of course it turns out that they're not. They're close enough to be able to adjust the brakes to suit, but (very annoyingly) not close enough to be able to swap wheels without doing anything else Of course the tyres aren't interchangeable.

I'm sure you knew this already, but on the offchance that you've made the same error as me, Schwalbe CX Pro are available in 26"; they're a sort of slightly deeper variant of the Grifo tread.
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Welcome to the world of ETRTO. Pretty sure that a 650c CX tyre does not exist. Which bike?