Whyte Saxon Cross 2015 Opinions?

Reggiedadog
Reggiedadog Posts: 3
edited July 2015 in Commuting general
Hi- newbie on here- currently looking at a CX bike on the C2W scheme to replace my Rockhopper that I have been struggling with for my 11 mile (each way) commute. Want something lighter, faster, with drops, disc breaks and usual cutouts for mudguards/rack etc.

Anyway went into my LBS today just for a mosey, and they have a 2015 Whyte Saxon Cross, in my size, which has just been reduced down to £999 from 1.5k. I've not had time to have a look at much else yet but it seems like a hell of a bargain- and I am guessing unlikely to be around for long. Does anyone here have any thoughts on them?

Others I was considering from looking online are usual sub 1k suspects, Boardman, Dorset, Diverge etc etc...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Always, but always try out the bikes with a test ride before you buy. Some just feel right and other are for some reason not for you
  • Always, but always try out the bikes with a test ride before you buy. Some just feel right and other are for some reason not for you

Thanks- yes of course I will road test any bikes first.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    I love my Whyte hybrid - it is the similar level of spec SRAM Apex / Hydrau Discs etc. I have done 50k a day on it for the last three years (except a few months off for injury) - and I still enjoy riding it more than most other bikes

Whyte are a bit odd in that they don't have a public facing presence you can easily deal with - although I have recently had a few questions answered on their facebook page