Pedals creaking

thestrand
thestrand Posts: 112
edited July 2015 in Workshop
Hi everyone,

Every time I put the power down, there is a creaking sound coming from the right-hand pedal area at a particular point on the pedal stroke. It doesn't happen when I am just coasting along, only when I'm putting a reasonable amount of effort in at a high speed.

The weird thing is, if I shift the position of my foot in the pedal slightly, it seems to stop (but this is then not my natural pedalling position, ad a little uncomfortable). But I can't tell whether it's due to the pedal itself, the cleat or if its a problem with my shoes? I have look Keo plus pedals with grey cleats, if that makes any difference.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Felt F95 2012

Hello to Jason Isaacs

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,643
    Check the crankset bolts.
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    If the cleats are keo non slip then the problem may be the cleats. You an tell the non slip as they have a rubber band glued on to them. These cleats are know to creak. You could swap the cleats over to rule them out.
  • KINGGARY
    KINGGARY Posts: 89
    Try taking the pedal off,cleaning and greasing the threads and refitting
    Worked for me once when all else failed, must have been grit in the threads.
    Yours sounds more like a cleat/pedal interface issue if it goes when you alter the angle of your foot. I would remove cleats from shoes after marking their position, give the shoes,cleats and pedals a good clean and reassemble.
    If their shimano pedals its a regular issue on my bikes.