***NO ASHES SPOILERS IN RACE THREADS***

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,660
edited July 2015 in Pro race
Simple Question, given that a few of us will be fans of both sports, are Ashes spoilers allowed in the Race Threads?

For example - Jens Voigt has as much chance of making this attack stick as Ponting does of taking a century off Flintoff today - can creep in all too easily...
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• forehead
    forehead Posts: 180
    I'm following both, so probably likely to be as guilty as posting spoilers as anyone.

Not much work getting done here.
    Cube - Peloton
    Cannondale - CAAD10
  • epc06
    epc06 Posts: 216
    Not only that, Fed is about to dispatch someone else at Wimbledon which is always worth watching. Great day for sport
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    I'm a massive cricket fan but I don't really see why you can't make some comments on the cycling forum. It's different from cycling where there is a definitive result at the end of each day. With cricket it evolves over 5 days.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    my shogun has gone home, so until her 28 hour trip back to her desk is complete I've got a bit of downtime. I'm doing sod all today. Cricket in one tab, BR in the other.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Can we also not have spoilers for the Budget? I'm saving it for the highlights on Newsnight

And questions from Pointless. 'Italians who have won the Tour de France' was ruined for me twitter a week or so ago. (All Pointless except Nibali and Pantani - they won the jackpot with Coppi)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Isn't this what cakestop is for?
  • ddraver
    I'm not talking active Ashes Discussion, i'm talking passive mentions that contain spoilers...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash
    my shogun has gone home, so until her 28 hour trip back to her desk is complete I've got a bit of downtime.

You did make sure that she wasn't carrying (or posting to herself) any Oxycodone, right?
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    my shogun has gone home, so until her 28 hour trip back to her desk is complete I've got a bit of downtime.

You did make sure that she wasn't carrying (or posting to herself) any Oxycodone, right?

ZING!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    What's that you say with a solo rider out front, so you worry about a Test Match with Yorkshire propping up the innings and in Birmingham we have the County Champions still topping the 1st class table and hopefully getting another win.
    Warcs 69 all out 123-4 - Yorks 213 all out 289-7 dec
    Warwickshire trail Yorkshire by 310 runs with 6 wickets remaining :lol:

I don't wish to know that. :?: Sorry
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Too depressing to have Ashes spoilers in here if our recent form against the Aussies is anything to go by.
  • forehead
    forehead Posts: 180
    Too depressing to have Ashes spoilers in here if our recent form against the Aussies is anything to go by.

Shaky start but we're knocking them all over the park now.
    Cube - Peloton
    Cannondale - CAAD10
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Applicable to many sports.
    For a long time England have approached cricket as though it was not a game but a military campaign. They talked of bowling ‘dry’ in ‘the right areas’, of applying ‘scoreboard pressure’. When the management praised the ‘brand of cricket’ the team played, you felt this was yet more evidence of a sport, and a hierarchy, that recognised the price of everything and the value of precious little. Cricket should be a matter of style, not branding, statistics or game theory.
    It became obvious, as it should have been all along, that much of their ‘professionalism’ was weapons-grade hokum: management furthering the interests of management.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    What's that you say with a solo rider out front, so you worry about a Test Match with Yorkshire propping up the innings and in Birmingham we have the County Champions still topping the 1st class table and hopefully getting another win.

Yorkshire won by 174 runs.
    Just to finish the story.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • dish_dash

Yorkshire won by 174 runs.
    Just to finish the story.

Shouldn't you be supporting Kent?
  • ddraver
    edited July 2015
    The people have spoken 11/3

No cross pollination of sports! ;)
    aXJngmH.gif