HELP! Cube Stereo 2011 and Front Mech

mightyi
mightyi Posts: 73
edited July 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm hoping someone can help out here because none of the Cube dealers or other bike shops seem to be able to help!

I'm building up a Cube stereo 2011 frame and can't find a way to set up the front Mech correctly. The mech originally fitted was either an SLX M660 or an XT M780 - both 3x10 mechs. I'm using the existing kit off my hardtail which is 3x9 - but all pretty new. I've got an M590 top swing dual pull mech - but the cable clamp snags on the frame if i got below the top ring, no matter what i do! I've even sourced an XT M770 and checked out the M780 and they both are dual pull with the sdame mounting bolt!

the only thing i have noticed on some photos on google are that the mech seems to be placed much higher than normally on a hardtail - i'm presuming this is because the front mech is actually mounted to the rear arm (the rear shock "stub") - so allowing things not to catch; however the photos i've seem show a gap of about 15mm between the top ring and the front mech.

Can anyone offer any advise please? I'm trying to get the bike built up for a trip to Coed tomorrow night and this is stopping me :(

Comments