Torm Jersey Longevity

Spooked
Spooked Posts: 90
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

Just wondering how well these Jerseys last? I had a new Jersey from another small independent company that is really well reviewed and I have found it has started to look scruffy after two road rides. Generally the fabric has pulled and some of the stitching has come loose (its the correct size).

I was going to get another but have decided against it. Just wondering what Torm is like.

Many thanks for any input.

Cheers,

Comments

• bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    Hi spooked,

I got a Red T1 for commuting around 6 months ago - I've wore it 5 days a week ever since (washing once per week) and have to say, the jersey is still looking as good as new.
    So good in fact, that ill be ordering another one shortly in a different colour to use at the weekends, and might even get a long sleeve version for the autumn/winter.
    I dont do anything special when washing - just bung it in with everything else.

Hope this is of some help - I don think you'll be disappointed if you go for one.
  • gimpl
    gimpl Posts: 269
    I have three Torm jerseys now. Bought a grey one first (in the sale) in 2013, a red one in 2014 and just bought a blue one a month or so ago.

I only ever wear these now - nothing else and they get rotated. They are all still in great nick structurally, no issues what so ever. I have noticed though that the colour on the back of the grey and red ones has really washed out, probably due to being in the sun all the time :shock:

Won't put me off though, I'll still continue to buy them.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,703
    There is a long thread in Road General about Torm, overwhelmingly positive is it's tone. Also with good input from Torm.
  • Spooked
    Spooked Posts: 90
    Thats great. I've had a good read. Think I might just have to place an order. Appreciate everyone's input. Thank you!
  • Thats great. I've had a good read. Think I might just have to place an order. Appreciate everyone's input. Thank you!
    May be late to the party but I've got 4 Torm jerseys, the oldest are from Feb 2011 and a little faded on the back but the material is as good as new.
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    I know we are not taking about wheels but I going with bombproof
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    Hi all,

Just wondering how well these Jerseys last? I had a new Jersey from another small independent company that is really well reviewed and I have found it has started to look scruffy after two road rides. Generally the fabric has pulled and some of the stitching has come loose (its the correct size).

I was going to get another but have decided against it. Just wondering what Torm is like.

Cheers,
    Take some photos and email the company you bought it from, ask them to consider the issue and repair/replace it if it's only been 2 rides...they should welcome the feedback as they might not be aware of the quality issue and then it gives them the chance to put things right for you...if they want to.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Hold on a sec let's just back up a minute, you have one Jersey you wear five days a week :shock:

Christ you must burn the eyes and noses of those who commute around (far) around you, seriously even in this hot weather?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Hi all,

Cheers,

What jersey is that?!?!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Hold on a sec let's just back up a minute, you have one Jersey you wear five days a week :shock:

Christ you must burn the eyes and noses of those who commute around (far) around you, seriously even in this hot weather?

Have I missed a post, where does he say that?
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    Hold on a sec let's just back up a minute, you have one Jersey you wear five days a week :shock:

I wear a long sleeve summer base layer (which gets changed!) - it gets most of the sweat so the jersey is still pretty much untouched and smelling fresh after 5 days.
  • Hold on a sec let's just back up a minute, you have one Jersey you wear five days a week :shock:

Have I missed a post, where does he say that?

Ahh - different person I thought it was the op!