Smart Direct Fixing Turbo Trainer

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
I'm planning for winter already!!

I'm after a direct mount turbo trainer (not sure if that's the right name for them, the ones where you mount the bike without a wheel and it attaches to a cassette). I'd like it to be a smart trainer so that it can adjust the resistance depending on a 'route' i'm following on screen and could be compatible with zwift and similar software.

Any suggestions at up to about £500?
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Comments

• iwantblue
    iwantblue Posts: 134
    I'm planning for winter already!!

I'm after a direct mount turbo trainer (not sure if that's the right name for them, the ones where you mount the bike without a wheel and it attaches to a cassette). I'd like it to be a smart trainer so that it can adjust the resistance depending on a 'route' i'm following on screen and could be compatible with zwift and similar software.

Any suggestions at up to about £500?

unashamed ,Bump....
    Looking into turbo's for initial op recovery, then to fitness but interested in the answers to the above too...
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    The kickr is the best choice for a direct drive smart trainer, but out of your budget.

There are a great number of smart trainer options now at your price point, but need they back wheel - wahoo have just released the Kickr Snap, and Tacx have now opened up their smart trainers to support ANT+, they can now be used with trainer road and zwift.

The best place for info on all this is DC Rainmaker who has an exhaustive list of all possibilities - plus the comments section has lots of info.

Keep your fingers crossed that maybe some manufacturers will release a lower priced kickr competitor at Eurobike at the end of August! :)

(thats what I'm doing - if nothing interesting is released, I think ill go for a kickr this winter)