FS - XC / All-Mountain

Zargon
Zargon Posts: 2
edited July 2015 in MTB buying advice
I need some advice on FS bikes.

I've been riding for a while on a hobby-level, and bought my first FS last year.
Since i didnt know all that much about the different disciplines, other than that i didnt want a Enduro/DH, i ended up with a All-Mountain Radon Slide 130 8.0.
I'm pretty happy with the bike riding small trails, but i find it lacking on longer gravel roads and prepared trails since the geometry gives me kind of a upright position.

I recently bought a Focus Black Forest 29R(can be compared to a Scott Scale in terms of geometry) to use as a daily ride to and from work. But a really like it, and i've been using it alot on longer gravel/bigger trail rides.

But i prefer a full suspension bike, and im thinking about selling my Radon Slide in favor of a XC Full Suspension.
So im looking at the Canyon Nerve.

But the question is, how big of a difference would that bike be?
And comparing a Scott scale (which a view as a good XC HT) to a Canyon Nerve, how similar are they?

Would buying the Nerve just be another bike pretty much like the one i already have? is it worth the hassle?

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I don't think the Canyon will be much different to your old Radon.
    Since you aren't too sure what you want I think test rides and then you can buy the bike you like might be better than going for a mail order only bike.