Specialized jump bike P? how to identify

Clockworkmark31
Clockworkmark31 Posts: 1,053
edited July 2015 in MTB general
Greetings,

As the title says really how do you identify a specialized P series with no stickers?

Tried comparing images and it looks like it maybe a 2009 P1 due to the marzochi forks. But all the specs I look at have 26" rims, this one 24"?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Look at the archive on the Spesh website. Remember you select your area to get the right specs as sold.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Clockworkmark31
    Thanks, already tried that one. But none of them seem to match. Closest I can get is a '08 or '09 model due to frame and DJ3 forks, everything else looks to have been changed over.

Currently has 24" DMR deevee rims, guessing 26" are standard looks like it can take them.

It's in bad state, can't tell if the frame has been painted or not. Looks too good to be DIY, but the color doesn't match any standard ones.

Well it was free, went to take the rubbish down to the bin store three days ago, seen it, went back again today and still there. Live in quite nice secure apartments. Thinking about putting a notice on the notice board just to make sure. But a few people moved out this week so they could have put it there.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    How sure are you it's actually a P series Specialized ?
  • Clockworkmark31

Quite certain that's the time when I was drooling over all specialized bikes.

Think I have identified it now, it is of a vintage of '07 had the DJ3 forks the very slight curve in the bottom tube gave it away.

So Spec P1 '07

Came with 26" rims so confirms what I thought about these 24" ones being too small.

Will speak with concierge and get him to check CCTV see who threw it and if they still live here and put a notice up fo 14 days.

AFter that its going candy white and then I need to find a use for it (no where near any bike or jump parks etc) Wall art?
  • Clockworkmark31

Sorry forgot to answer your question, no stickers on it anywhere only the raised S badge on the head tube. First thing I noticed when I went in with my rubbish haha