Astana..How Many Times!!

vinnymarsden
vinnymarsden Posts: 560
edited July 2015 in Pro race
So Lars Boom has now failed some kind of cortisone levels test…yet the team, who jokingly signed up to the credible cycling thing DIDNT pull him from the tour and he manages a creditable 23rd in the short TT today!
It seems somewhat bizarre that the entire Astana team have been shrouded in controversy for so long and still manage, somehow to retain their license. Lance was publicly torn apart and rightly had his titles stripped, but here we have, what appears on the surface to be some VERY questionable tests etc, and the team just seem to carry on, and all seemingly, by their silence, with the blessing of the UCI and other governing bodies.
I am not levelling outright accusations, but there is, in my humble opinion clearly some issues, with a team managed by Vinoukorov of all people! I like to see the best in all people, and I may be well wide of the mark, I imagine we will never know, but it seems funny that the team drawing heat even before the tour starts is once again Astana.
I personally think there should be some kind of "sin bin" scenario for teams who draw so much negative attention, maybe the refusal to allow them a start in one of the big tours would indicate to their management that things need to be shaken up, and their house put in order.If everything is okay then why the same team again and again?
I personally have nothing against Astana, I like Nibali, but the smell of something "not quite right" has been following them for long enough. What do others think??

Comments