Mavic R-Sys SLR 50% off

bsharp77
bsharp77 Posts: 533
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
Morning everyone,

Canyon are running daily deals throughout the tdf.....just seen today's.....
Mavic R-Sys SLR 2014 for £650!

I'm trying my best to hide the credit card..... :o

Comments

• Campag or Shimano?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bsharp77
    Ah....very good question sloppy...doesn't seem to mention it anywhere - I just tried adding them to the basket, but still no more info.
    Will try and find out and report back.
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Doesn't really matter. Mavic freehubs take no time at all to change (you can do it with the cassette still on!) and are cheap.
  • bsharp77
    Thanks for the info 964 - thats good to know.
    Im very tempted....!
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    I'm pretty sure there's a new model due out, that's why they're discounted maybe.
  • jezzpalmer
    jezzpalmer Posts: 389
    They are great wheels for £650, the braking is immense; was tempted to buy another pair but will wait to see what the other 22 days of TdF offers Canyon are.
  • Thanks for the info 964 - thats good to know.
    Im very tempted....!

Did anybody actually buy any of these wheels ? I was out on my bike when the e-mail arrived but logged on when I got home (about an hour later) and it said they were no longer available. The 'home page' for the offer now also says that they are sold out. I wonder how many pairs there were at this price ?
  • bobbydazzla
    bobbydazzla Posts: 289
    I forwarded the email to a mate as he'd been looking for some Rsys. His order went through fine.
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    I'm pretty sure there's a new model due out, that's why they're discounted maybe.
    Yes, Ksyrium "Carbon", and therefore forthcoming SLR "Carbon".