Black shaturday.

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 8,019
edited July 2015 in The bottom bracket
Just got ready after a late night and several pints of the black stuff, now off out to see some tall ships in Belfast harbour.

And some more black stuff!
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    been doing wood this morning, then the joys of the kids summer fair - thankfully they had beer there :)

Now watching the GP & then off to a party in the park thing, its going to be painful :)
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    I got dive bombed by a seagull so had to buy a new tshirt!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Afternoon folks,
    Usual slow star was followed by going into the loft to dig out some stuff and put other stuff up out of the way. It was bleedin' 'ot up there, and dusty. Lots of fettling after that. Cleaned my bike, replaced the chain and tyres put new wheels and tyres on the boys bike and adjusted a few things on the EPO's bike. Now chilling for a little while as everybody us out for a while.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Windy,warm and knackered legs from yesterday made for an "interesting" ride today.

Totally goosed, salad for tea and Taken 3 for teen daughter and sleep over friend. A few beers and a early night I think.

A recovery ride early tomorrow and then onto a best mates 50th birthday lunch.

You know when your getting on when your mate is 50 and he speaks of youngsters at 35. :roll:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Only a short ride first thing this morning owing to the bonk before setting out :D

Then out in the bubble this afty (38c is a touch warm to be in a glass bubble!) to the opening of a new exhibition at a large art gallery.

Currently sat drinking a chilled (heathen) glass of red wine :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Should have been doing a 126 mile Etape sportive thingy in Yorkshire today but a combination of not being ready for it and too many family "issues" decided not to join the group who went. Currently checking their FB posts to give them a hearty pat on the back and all :roll:

Used the day to get in the others halfs good books by doing more "stuff" in the garden - been rewarded already :)

Nothing wrong with chilling red wine when it's hot - Pinotage's often good for chillin'
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,498
    Evening Peeps,

Busy day doing loads of jobs and getting Stropteen ready for her school camping expedition tomorrow, with the added bonus of a few days of peace. Just been out and wondering what the best dossing option is for the rest ofthe evening. May check out films on the box.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    Toots all day including a park train ride where muggins ended up playing chief rail engineer when it de-railed. The girls were getting a bit upset and wondering why the train wasn't going. Thought i'd better help the poor stressed female driver and keep all parties happy.
    Now i'm suffering narcolepsy.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!