Flats for Trance 1...?

neilus
neilus Posts: 245
edited July 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi
So ill be picking up my Trance 1 tomorrow wohoo and as ill be paying cash im hoping to get a few goodies thrown in...I posted before about this and it seems that 10% of the bikes cost in spare parts is a reasonable request. Do any of these flats leap out you?
http://www.bikestore.cc/index.php/cPath/518_76_233
I currently use some fairly generic DX type pedals, my feet stay where they should and ive never really given them much thought! I ride mostly up steepish hills then down again, which i believe is called enduro, though i havent checked this week, maybe its called something else now...
Will need to get them from this place in the link...as they'll hopefully be a freebie id be looking at something in the €50 - €70 range...
Cheers!!!

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Shimano Saints are excellent and an absolute bargain at that price.
  • neilus
    Yeah was just looking at them, ok pedals solved - cheers!
    And as youre probably the best man to ask, if you were getting a Trance 1, are there any weaknesses in the spec you might think about replacing if you had a few hundred quid for possible upgrades?
    Cheers!
  • rockmonkeysc
    Leave it as it is unless there's something you feel needs improving otherwise you're just throwing away money.
  • esa2
    esa2 Posts: 44
    You may have to replace the saddle. Personal preference of course but i couldnt live with the stock seat on my Trance 4
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Giant saddles don't get a lot of love, I've just lent a spoon to someone in the local club to try as he's hating the original.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    I'd hold off getting another saddle straight away, I agree the stock saddles aren't universally liked but like most I'm a big fan of the charge spoon, yet I've got on really well with the higher end Giant contact upright that comes on the higher specced Trance models.
  • rockmonkeysc
    I really don't like the Charge Spoon but found the Fizik saddles which came fitted to my Giant Reign X and Anthem pretty good. Im really liking my SDG Bell Air titanium saddles at the moment.
  • neilus
    ok thanks guys, Ill take a look at the saddle...
  • neilus
    Saddle is luxury compared to my old one! Picked her up yesterday and took her out for a razz last night and had a blast, PR'd all of my Strava segments and it seems to handle like a hooligan :)
    Mildly narked off that having googled Giant Trance 1 everyday for god knows how long google ads throws up a place that had it 250 euros cheaper...arse! But the guy knocked 200e off so no point dwelling on it!
    RM, I got a question about the Revelation RL. The sag meter on the stanchions seem a bit odd. There is one labelled 140mm in 10/20/30% marks but then a shorter one which seems to go below the seal...i dont know what it says cos its inside the fork!! It cant refer to any sag % in the 120mm position cos you can hardly see any of it in that mode.
    Do you know what im talking about? I can only think that its for when you modify the fork for 150mm travel...?
    Cheers!!
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Saddle is luxury compared to my old one! Picked her up yesterday and took her out for a razz last night and had a blast, PR'd all of my Strava segments and it seems to handle like a hooligan :)
    Mildly narked off that having googled Giant Trance 1 everyday for god knows how long google ads throws up a place that had it 250 euros cheaper...ars*! But the guy knocked 200e off so no point dwelling on it!
    RM, I got a question about the Revelation RL. The sag meter on the stanchions seem a bit odd. There is one labelled 140mm in 10/20/30% marks but then a shorter one which seems to go below the seal...i dont know what it says cos its inside the fork!! It cant refer to any sag % in the 120mm position cos you can hardly see any of it in that mode.
    Do you know what im talking about? I can only think that its for when you modify the fork for 150mm travel...?
    Cheers!!

It's likely for 150mm of travel, Rockshox tend to show 2 set of sag readings for different amounts of travel, my 140mm revs show 140 and 130.
  • neilus
    Yup just been looking at various RS forks and the lower of the two sag readings is always for obviously longer travel options...
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Shimano Saints are excellent and an absolute bargain at that price.

I second this.

Cant complain !!