PX Pro Carbon vs Ribble Racing Sportive

seanorawe
seanorawe Posts: 950
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
A friend in work has been doing a lot of research for a new Cycle 2 Work bike. He has his hear finally set on either bike. Anyone ridden one or both who wish to offer their thoughts?
Cube Attain SL Disc
Giant CRS 2.0

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    A friend in work has been doing a lot of research for a new Cycle 2 Work bike. He has his hear finally set on either bike. Anyone ridden one or both who wish to offer their thoughts?
    I have had a Pro Carbon with Sram for about 3 years, ride it as much as the Canyon I have and it is just as much fun to ride.
    It is a great bike and I have never had a problem with it from day one, tell your friend to compare the geometry of both bikes before buying.
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 950
    I have had a Pro Carbon with Sram for about 3 years, ride it as much the Canyon and it is just as much fun to ride.
    It is a great bike and I have never had a problem with it from day one, tell him/her to compare the geometry of both bikes before buying.

hes fine with both Geo's I think his decision will be based on which one looks better if there are no significant disadvantages over the other. A lot of people have complained about the font flex on the pro carbon, but he wont be doing any crazy speeds or power for that to be an issue.
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Flex is a non issue IME and a friend I ride with who has one and is no lightweight at 95kg has never mentioned it.

The front end can feel lively at first but after a few minutes you forget about it and IMO it adds to the ride, the lively feeling at the front is usually more noticable when a shortish stem is fitted.
  • Think the 'flex' or 'boing' was associated on the early pro-carbons

In worst cases in was like almost like riding a full susser or whatever those weirdos called them
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles